Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day Sixteen

Miles: 8
Time: 1:10:23
Pace: 8:48
Splits: 8:34, 9:10, 8:55, 8:56, 8:46, 8:47, 8:28, 8:45

Pretty decent run this morning. Headed out around 9:15 on a route my dad and I haven't ran in pretty much a year. It was a good route, not too many hills, but the one in the second mile is "Death Hill" and it kicked my butt. :P It was a nice run though, in a neighborhood we basically never run in, so it was cool. It was around 40 degrees, but a constant 10 mph wind for the first half, then it was at our back for the last half.

It went really well the first 4-5 miles. You can't tell from my splits (which were surprisingly even the last 6 miles!) but my knee was killing me. The hills were horrible. There was one short one in the fifth mile and in the second to last mile was an uphill followed by Death Hill going downhill. The last 3 miles were pain but I got through it OK, as the splits say so. :)

I really want to figure out this knee. It's still kind of sore, but it isn't swollen anymore. I iced it when I got home and I've been chilling all day, but I still have to work 6 hours tonight. :( Working 6 hours a day the last two days probably hasn't helped either, and is probably some of the reason my legs are sore. They were tired even when I woke up this morning.

ARGH MY KNEE. SAD FACES GALORE.

But my right ankle tendon thing didn't bug me today. :D

1 comment: