Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day Twelve

Miles: 4
Time: 32:48
Pace: 8:12
Splits: 7:57, 8:18, 8:19, 8:12

Today, two very unusual things happened on my run.
1. I ended up running with no socks on! I accidently put on the shitty pair of socks that always fall down my feet. A quarter mile into the run, both socks had slipped off my heels and down into my shoes, so I stopped at a bench and took them off. I tucked them in my shorts and was on my way. It felt kind of weird, but kind of nice. My feet got a nice breeze... they got pelted by residual sand in my shoes... my shoes probably smell more like feet... but it was so much better than wearing falling-off socks!

2. NOTHING HURT! I was really, really surprised. I don't know if it is because I ran sockless or because I took ibuprofen 10 minutes before I headed out the door (mostly to try to delay my knee getting swollen, which helped on my 8 miler last week). But my right shin didn't hurt and my knee didn't hurt and nothing got uncomfortably tight! It was awesome. Let's hope it continues!

This was actually a really good run. I stopped, like... three times, though. Once was to take my socks off, though, another was at a traffic light, but the other time was so I could adjust my hat so it wouldn't fly off. At a traffic light, though, I put water on my left quad and that made it feel really nice (it was starting to get tight, but not uncomfortably so). Just another good reason for carrying my own water with me. :P

But really, the weather was great (cloudy, 48 degrees, breezy). And I can tell it is getting wintery. I walked by my running clothes, which I hung on my armoire doors at the dorm, and they smelled like winter-sweat. Really bad. I should most definitely wash that stuff ASAP so my roomies don't kill me.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR WINTER RUNNING! Sidenote: I put a bunch of running stuff on my Christmas list last night. :D

PS: I just noticed that my splits were pretty even. I started out slower than usual, but the last 3 miles were pretty consistent. Maybe that helped my legs, too. :)

1 comment: