Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day Eight

Miles: 4
Time: 33:10
Pace: 8:16
Splits: 8:02, 8:21, 8:24, 8:19

This is coming to ya'll a day late, because all my runs are pushed back a day. Instead of running Tues-Thurs, resting Friday and running Sat-Sun, I am running straight Wed-Sun. My monthly monster (which only comes every 3 months realy, thanks to magic pills) arrived with a vengeance and I spent Monday and Tuesday curled up with a heating pad, barely able to motivate myself to do homework, let alone run (I hardly even wanted to move to go get dinner!). I felt a lot better today, though, so I got myself out the door.

It was cloudy. It was misting. It was gross and cold, but it was good for running. My left knee started to tighten up the last half mile, so I just kept going without pause. My right shin felt really weird (across it, which I hate) like it just had a big weak spot in the middle. It went away after 3.5 or so miles, which is then when my knee started to get tight... ugh. I had to stop a few times (once for a train!) which was disheartening.

Not the greatest run, but oh well. Still paced okay, and not in any real pain. The trainers weren't there when I got back, though, so I couldn't ice my knee, which kind of sucked. So I took a 30 minute shower instead. :)

6 miles tomorrow! I need to find a good route that'll keep me going... running by the streets usually helps, but the streets around campus have stop lights that usually hold me up at nearly every corner. So I will have to be quite clever...

No comments:

Post a Comment