Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Four

Miles: 5
Time: 41:01
Pace: 8:11
Splits: 7:59, 8:01, 8:24, 8:16, 8:17

This run felt so much better than the last few runs! :D Hallelujah!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous again today. Probably between 60 and 65. Sunny. Just fantastic for running and feeling good. Can November just be like this every year?

The first couple miles felt really good. I had pains that would come and go every half mile or so. But that's pretty typical for me to have moving, phantom pains like that. The next mile was pretty slow, and I'm not really sure why. The last two ended up being really even and pretty quick and I was pretty surprised. I did have to stop about 3 times, though because my shoe was hating on me and once because of traffic. (Those aren't counted in my time, though, because my dad says I'm a cheater that way.)

I'm icing my left knee right now, which I feel will be a regular thing for a while. It was visibly swollen again when I got back and it felt tight above my knee. I don't know what the issue is, but this should prevent it from getting worse and hopefully make it go away.

I am totally relishing in this weather, though. This is such a nice break from how November usually starts. It's beautiful outside! I am not looking forward to having to pile on layers of cold gear in a few weeks. Ugh. But as for now, I am going to go do tons of reading for the week outside while it's beautiful and pray for gorgeous weather again for my run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment