Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day Thirteen

Miles: 3
Time: 23:13
Pace: 7:44
Splits: Don't know, Garmin flipped out

Good run, despite the rain. As soon as I got to the end of the street, it started pouring. And the rain was COLD as it is unseasonably warm, but yet chilly, at 50 degrees. And then I realized my Garmin was freaking out. Apparently, it reset to factory settings. So it was showing me my "virtual partner" stats... not my time/distance/pace. And then after 2 miles I realized that it wasn't popping up my mile splits. So I fixed that in my settings and set off... only to have my watch beep "Lap Error" to me every FOUR SECONDS for the rest of my run.

So I didn't have mile splits. And I was annoyed most of the run. I was soaking wet and freezing... but I still felt good. Both my shins were sore for about half a mile, then felt fine. It was a nice change. :) I am just glad I wasn't going more than 3 miles, or else I am SURE I'd have chafed.

I wanted to throw my Garmin at the ground by the time I got home, given it's strange behavior and constant beeping, but I didn't want to rip my legs off and give them a beating... so I think today's run was basically a success. :)

1 comment: