Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 2

Miles: 7
Time: 1:02:34
Pace: 8:56
Splits: 8:32, 8:53, 9:10, 8:43, 9:12, 9:14, 8:50

A pretty decent run, but my legs didn't seem to want me to run at all. I started out and my shin under my knee felt really weak and weird, but that went away (thank God). Around my left knee and my left quad/hip got really tight the last 2.5 or so miles, though, and that kind of ruined it for me. It didn't hurt, really, but it made me feel slow and miserable.

But we started off from next to my dorm and went off campus and to Bever Ave, which is a really cool street (though, we found, mostly all a slight incline). There are HUGE, beautiful houses down there and it's a really cute neighborhood to run through. Then we went through Bever Park... where I accidently had thrown in a HUGE HILL at mile 3 when I mapped the route. My dad and I go to the top and we could hardly breathe. I apologized profusely. I'd totally forgotten that park had a hill, and it kicked my ass.

Most of then run after that was flat, though, just a little bit of hills around another college in the area that we ran around. My leg was all tight and bothersome, but I tried not to whine about it. It is just troublesome because that leg never gave me problems during all of cross country season. But it might just be because I took the last week off, so it's just out of practice.

Either way, we still managed to pace under 9 minute miles and we got back to campus at 7 miles on the dot (even though we accidently took two detours and had to make up where to go next to get back on track). I still have all the streets written (in Sharpie) on my arm:


Out of ten stars, I'd give this run about a 7.5. It could have been better, physical-body wise, but it didn't feel like a long run. But the scenery was nice, generally speaking, and the weather was AMAZING. Probably right around 55-60 degrees. Is this seriously November?!

No comments:

Post a Comment