Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day Nine

Miles: 6
Time: 48:46
Pace: 8:07
Splits: 7:33, 8:12, 8:26, 8:13, 8:15, 8:03

I have no idea how that first mile ended up being so much faster than the rest of my miles. Oops. So much for consistent mile splits... :/

I mapped out my run about 15 minutes before I left, and decided I wanted to go down to the trail to get to the other side of the river and run around down there a bit. I got to Czech Village and went out past there. I've never been down there before (for anything) so it was fun to look around. I managed to map a quarter-mile long hill into my route though... so double oops. (It was soon remedied by a nice downhill about a tenth of a mile afterwards.) At the bottom of the hill, these two old people waved me over and asked me if I knew where the fire that morning had been. I said I didn't know there had been a fire (after asking what they had said about four times because I suck at hearing/they had about five teeth between the two of them). Then they left and I continued on.

It was mostly cloudy outside, probably about two miles of my run were sunny-ish though. It was around 50 degrees with a slight breeze. It was pretty much perfect for running. It kept my legs cold (ran in shorts today... my leggings were bugging me yesterday) but my arms got hot in a long-sleeve tech shirt. I didn't even need a cold weather hat today, which was nice.

I had to stop about 5 times, though. Twice because my shin was bugging me (it stopped bugging around 3 miles, though, and that was good) but the rest were all traffic-related stops... which were just annoying. I felt really good today; my knee didn't even really bug me. It started to get tight around 5.3 miles, but then didn't get worse the rest of the last leg of the run. That made me pretty happy. (I iced my knee anyway... now it is red and frozen.)

See my route on my arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment