Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day Eleven

Miles: 4
Time: 31:30
Pace: 7:52
Splits: 7:31, 7:48, 8:05, 8:02

I have decided that 4 mile runs are my least favorite runs ever.
They are too long to just hurry and get through, but they are too short to have all my aches and pains go away. Usually, that happens around 4-5 miles into a run. So 4 miles is like treating myself to a half hour of discomfort.

That said, today's run wasn't too bad. My right shin bugged be basically the whole time, but it was only 45 degrees out and I wore shorts, so my legs were cold and comfortable. I had to stop a bunch of times because my shin felt so weird and once because I thought it hurt because I tied my shoe too loose (that wasn't the case).

I really wanna know why my legs do this. They feel all weird and weak and achy and crappy for, like, 4 miles, and then it just goes away. (And then my knee gets swollen and hurty for the rest of the run.) I have no idea why they do it, but it is very bothersome. Any ideas?

Ugh.... short week next week, so 4 miles again tomorrow. Yuck. :/

1 comment: