Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome!

So this is my running blog. I like writing up stuff about my runs, but people on my Livejournal, on the whole, don't care too much. And I really like Blogger.

A little background on me, as a runner:
I ran cross country my sophomore and junior years of high school. I hated it. But somehow, I thought that I wanted to run a half marathon. So I trained from March-September of 2008 and ran the Quad Cities half marathon with my dad at the end of September, with a time of 2:18:22.. And then I was hooked. I ran the Walt Disney World half marathon (again, with my dad) in January 2009 with a time of 2:06:45. And then in April of 2009, I ran the horribly rainy St Louis half marathon, this time all by myself, with a time of 1:59:19. And then I got a case of bronchitis that took months to finally heal.

Then I ran cross country my first semester of college. It was a fun team, and it definitely whipped me back up into shape... maybe even better shape that I had been in my year of half marathons. But my personal lack of control over what I was running drove me crazy. I ended my season two weeks early, opting not to be an alternate (I was slow by cross country standards anyway, and my bitter, negative attidue wasn't going to help them at all). And I prepared to run the marathon schedule my dad and I had come up with.

I took a full week off between conference championships and the first day of my marathon training. And this gets you to where I am at the moment: recovering from legs that have been abused and overused, ready to get going on my own schedule, excited for a marathon that is still seven months away and willing to share her pains and pleasures of running with the world.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    this is bozotkutya from LJ. Just dropped in to say hello :)

    I also have a blog on blogger but that isn't only about running and is bilingual, but feel free to pop in anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristine! This is shikamboo from LJ. :) I'll be reading for blog and cheering you on as you gear up for your marathon! I picked up running well after school, but I can imagine that having to follow someone else's plans would drive me crazy, too.

    ReplyDelete