Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day Three

Miles: 4 3
Time: 23:49
Pace: 7:56
Splits: 7:53, 8:01, 7:53

I have a disease! It is called mobile leg pain. Saturday, it was my knee. Sunday, it was my knee/quad/hip. Today, it was my right calf/knee. Whaaaat is going on!? I cut my run short by a mile, but I don't feel like there's anything else I can do because my legs are just going to be sore somewhere else tomorrow. I think it's probably just because my legs are still recovering from the stresses I put them through during the last month of cross country, but it's really frustrating. I don't feel like I can actually do anything for them because they never hurt in the same place twice.

I was pretty happy with my pace though. I know it stayed so fast because I had to stop a few times because I was worried about my calf cramping, but it felt good to see a sub-8:00 pace on my watch the whole time.

Five miles tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how that goes/where my legs hurt next time.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried varying your pace? I mean try keeping a training session pretty slow and see if your whatever is hurting the next day or try a quick fast run and ...see the point? I sometimes find that helps.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't. I have a really hard time varying my pace. I just go out at what feels right and keep running whatever my legs enjoy. It's something I've been working on (cross country helped). I just have a hard time running slow (on purpose, at least!). :D

    Everything felt a ton better today though. :)

    ReplyDelete