Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 1

Miles: 3
Time: 25:01
Pace: 8:20
Splits: 7:58, 8:28, 8:33

First day back in a week, so my legs were a little out of it. The first mile I was super ready to go. My legs were excited to be hitting the road again, but by the second mile my legs were acting up and saying, "Wait! What are we doing? We don't remember this!" The side of my right calf felt really weird, a little like it did a week ago when I decided I need to take a week off to heal. So I iced it, as well as my left knee, because that knee is just weird and tempermental.

All in all, it was a good run. It is GORGEOUS outside. It is the 7th of November and it is over 60 degrees already. This is Eastern Iowa I'm talking about! This is crazy weather! Two weeks ago, I was bundled up awaiting snow! This was a nice change; I even had to run without a shirt on because I got hot. This is going to be an awesome weekend for running/being outside. Last one for months, I'm sure!

I'm really looking forward to my 7 miler with my dad tomorrow. Hopefully my legs behave themselves because today was way harder than it was meant to be.

Goal for before the marathon: Learn to go out at an EASY PACE and run MORE UNIFORM MILE TIMES.

No comments:

Post a Comment