Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day Five

Miles: 4
Time: 32:00
Pace: 8:00
Splits: 7:48, 8:08, 7:59, 8:03

Such a good run today! Nothing hurt in weird places, my knee didn't feel like it was the size of an orange when I got done and I managed to pace really well (and very consistent, if I do say so myself)! Defiitely an improvement from earlier this week. I only made 3 stops and they were ALL for traffic, none were personal, whiny stops. I think the chillier weather helped, too; kept my legs cool (though at one traffic stop I dabbed them with water from my waterbottle, and that was helpful, too).

I am icing my right shin and left knee, however, for good measure. I accidently added an extra .25 into my run because I thought I'd be short. So I walked from the corner I got to 4 miles on back onto campus and decided to get ice because those places felt pretty iffy. Now, however, they are just freezing cold because my legs aren't numb yet!

Hopefully, Saturday and Sunday's runs go as well as this one (though not nearly as fast!). My legs are starting to shape up again... the wear and tear of cross country seems to be fading away. :)

Though I did walk by my XC team on my way to the athletic training office to get ice... it was awkward, to say the least. My coach was a little cold and sarcastic (like, "Why are you running? I thought you were taking a couple of weeks off!" I only ever told her one week). Oh well. I do feel bad that I won't be able to make it to their last meet on Saturday. They run at 11, but the meet is an hour away and I work at 2, and I have to run 3 miles that morning. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment