Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day Seventeen

Miles: 5
Time: 41:17
Pace: 8:15
Splits: 8:00, 8:26, 8:21, 8:20, 8:08

Not going to complain about the splits. They were fairly consistent, and the second split was so slow because I had to run uphill, against the wind, for about .1 of a mile. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P

On a really really happy note: It is December 1, and it was 55 degrees outside. It was warm with sunshine and I was perfectly comfortable running in an Underarmor t-shirt and shorts. It was gorgeous. If this was a real fall-->winter time, there would be snow on the ground and it would be in the high 20s and low 30s by now. This is unusually warm, but I'm not complaining. :D

I felt like a total wimp today, though. I stopped probably 4-5 times in the first 2.5 miles because my right calf kept getting really tight. So I'd stop, stretch it out, shake it out, and keep going, only to have to get uncomfortable and tight and blegh all over again. It eventually stopped, though, which was a relief. My knee started getting sore around 3 miles. Not the same swollen feeling as Sunday (though would have been had I ran longer), but a pain/soreness across the top and along the bottom of my knee cap. I have no idea what it is, but I iced it and it feels okay now.

Another goal now: GET THE KNEE TO STOP HURTING. That would make my life. :P

1 comment: