Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day Twenty-Two

Miles: 5 4
Time: 34:28
Pace: 8:36
Splits: 8:29, 8:40, 8:40, 8:35

Well, I was consistent! That's a plus!

Conditions this morning were terrible. I snowed some last night, so the streets were all a mess today. Pretty much NO ONE had shoveled their sidewalk yet (but I can't blame them, to be explained in just a sec), so I was slipping around in snowy slush for 4 miles. I couldn't stand to go any further, and I was running out of time because I needed to get back to my dorm and shower and blog before class.

Why am I running at 8 in the morning, you may ask? Well... you see, we're supposed to get this huge BLIZZZZZZARD today. It is supposed to snow 2-4 inches this afternoon and another 4-6 tonight. I wanted to get outside once more before the huge snow hits and it is officially time for Yak Traks and slipping and sliding and hating life in general. :P (But one more week, and I will be able to use the treadmill at MY HOUSE where it is NOT 70 DEGREES with NO AIR CIRCULATION! Yay!)

Ugh... winter, you foul beast.

Oh, and for about half a mile coming back one direction, I basically couldn't see because the snow as being blown directly into my eyes. NOT A GOOD TIME!

My legs are tired. They're not used to working so hard just to stay balanced! Snow running = sand running... but slipperier.

OH! BUT NOTHING HURT! ::REJOICES:: The extra day off this weekend helped, me thinks.

1 comment: