Friday, December 18, 2009

Day Twenty-Eight

Miles: 6
Time: 52:50
Pace: 8:48
Splits: 8:28, 9:16, 8:35, 8:41, 8:56, 8:52

NOTE TO SELF: WEAR YOUR FACEMASK!

Another really cold run today. It was cloudy, instead of sunny, so the 24 degrees felt a little colder. It was 12 degrees with wind chill facotred in... so ugh. Basically, I ran half a mile to the trail, up the trail 2 miles, froze my face off going against the wind, and turned around and ran 1.5 miles back to the trail, another 1.5 down the trail and then back, then the half mile back to my house. So I got a good three miles of running mask-less against the wind. My face seriously HURT when I got home because it was so cold. And then I couldn't talk right because my jaw was frozen in place. It sucked.

The run itself was okay. I prefer running in the afternoon, and I woke up at 9 and ran at 10 this morning, so I was slower because I hadn't really drank anything and I hadn't eaten anything yet. I just have more energy in the afternoon. I have even convinced my dad to hop on the running-in-the-afternoon bandwagon. :)

My knee sort of hurt for the last few miles, but only when I had to go up/down hills, really. Which is better than usual. The second mile was slow because I had to run up two big hills and dodge ice while going against the wind, and the fifth mile was slow because I had to go over the same HUGE patch of ice twice on the out and back and it was a pain (the last mile was slow for the same reason, but more because people don't put down ice melt, wtf).

Five miles tomorrow, and five miles sometime before we leave for Utah at 8:50 in the morning... woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment