Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day Nineteen

Miles: 5 3
Time: 25:18
Pace: 8:26
Splits: n/a

It was 29 degrees out today, and cloudy, and gusty, and it started snowing right when I was going to go run (though nothing has stuck yet). So I decided today would be a good day to try out the good old college treadmills! They actually have pretty nice equipment here, and the treadmills were nice.

However, I walked into the room with the treadmills/bikes/epliticals and holy fuck. It was about 72 degrees in there. No airflow. Bright lights. SAUNA-LIKE. I was dripping sweat after about half a mile. It was so hot that my calves were on the verge of cramping. I cut my 5 mile run down to 3 because I could not stand being in there any longer. It was horrible.

All in all, a very disheartening run. I have been reminded of how much I detest running on a treadmill. I am soaked with sweat, I smell horrible, and I feel like I accomplished basically nothing because I kept pausing the machine so I could stretch out my calves. Looks like I'm going to be (TRYING) to get outside for all my runs this winter!

It also sucks that I couldn't get myself through a 5 mile run (and thus making my week 26 instead of 28 miles) when next week, I have one 5 mile run, two 6 miles run and a 30 mile-week total. Uggggggh, winter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment