Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day Thirty

Miles: 4
Time: to be posted
Pace: 9:05
Splits: to be posted

So we skiied yesterday, but aren't going today because it is supposed to SUPERSNOW out here and we don't want to ski in the mess. But skiing was not kind to me yesterday. The boots were really tight on my shins/calves because my calves are SO HUGE in their muscle-ness. My shins hurt a lot, and I stopped skiing around 2:45 while my dad and brothers skiied til, like, 4:30. I woke up this morning and my knees, shins and butt were all sore.

But my dad and I went out and ran 4 miles before the SUPERSNOW anyway. The first .75 of a mile (and the last) were all smoggy b/c the air here is all stagnant. It smelled like exhaust and it was gross. But then we got above it going up the canyon and it was better. But I felt like I did when I had bronchitis over the summer. It was hard to breathe and I felt like I was working hard, but I was still going really slow (especially b/c the first two miles were basically all uphill).

My left knee gave me problems by about 2.7 miles and my shins were sore for the first 2 miles and change, especially the right one. That one got the most squished in my ski boots. My hips were pretty sore too from skiing. Resting the rest of today + tomorrow = good idea.

Also: I have tried to Google what might be wrong with my knee, but I can't find anything. Like, it hurts below my knee and above it, but also when it gets bad every 10-20 steps will shoot pain across the front of my knee cap. I can't find anything online that matches those symptoms. I am going to the doctor when I get back home, but meh. I wish the internet could be more helpful. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment