Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day Twenty-Six

Miles: 9
TIme: 1:21:05
Pace: 9:00
Splits: n/a

9 miles on the track. 63 laps in lane 3. Holy moly.

Well... we did it!

And a lot slower than we'd have liked. We started off at a good clip. The first mile was 8:25. Then the laps went from about 1:12 to 1:14 to 1:18 to 1:20... and it was a lost cause. My knee started hurting at about mile 4 and hurt until probably 8.5 miles. That slowed us down a lot. And I was pretty thirsty the whole time... meh.

It wasn't too bad though. My dad and I chatted quite a bit and whatever, and I got to watch a bunch of old guys play tennis and got passed (once, it took him a long time to catch up to us) by a professor who was running a couple miles. I was kind of disappointed by the pace, though. I hoped to run more of an 8:30-8:40 pace. I think I just got stuck in a slow rut because it was just going around and around in the same place and my knee hurt for so long.

My last lap though was 1:08. :) My dad was one lap ahead of me because at 6 miles I stopped while he ran a lap so I could massage my knee a bit (it felt better after that, but still hurt) and I wanted to get under 1:21:00. I went 5 seconds over... but that's close enough. :P

AND NOW! To study for my religion and western civ finals like you wouldn't believe. SO NOT READY FOR TERM TO BE OVER! I don't want to take finals!

1 comment: