Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day Twenty-Four

Miles: 6 4
Time: 35:40
Pace: 8:55
Splits: n/a

So... my miles and pace for the last two days are inaccurate. Let me explain to you why.

Our indoor track has a tennis court inside, and the weird plastic walls for the tennis court lower down from the ceiling and hang in part of the track at the corners. Because of this, I just always run in lane 3. My friend Ali who runs track told me the track was 220 meters. But I measured it with one of those clicky-when-you-run-with-it things that measure distance and lane 3 is 230 meters. So yesterday, I ran 10,120 meters instead of my intended 9600. So I ran much faster than I thought I did. And today, I ran 6,670 meters instead of 6,400. Which would take about a minute off my time, and make my pace a lot faster. (You have no idea how hard all this math was just now. God, I'm out of practice.)

So now I have to go over all my distances on the track and revise them so they're accurate. Ugh.

But I cut my run 2 miles short and biked 4 miles on the stationary bikes because my legs were having a hard time. Nothing hurt, but I could tell I was really dehydrated because it was hard to keep myself going and I was really thirsty the whole time. I have been really thirsty all day, and I've been drinking water like it's my job. :(

But with the 4(+ change) miles on the track and the 4 miles on the bike, I feel like today was still a good workout. :)

1 comment: