Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day Twenty-Three

Miles: 6
Time: 52:41
Pace: 8:46
Splits: n/a

I DID IT! I ran 6 miles, and I ran it indoors. How, you might ask?

INDOOR TRACK.

44 laps around a 220 meter track. It wasn't that bad at all, either. My legs felt way better than they would have outside (had it not have been a blizzard outside, about 10 degrees without wind chill, and all the sidewalks were unshoveled). It worked out pretty well, actually; I'll probably run on the track again tomorrow. It was a really nice temperature in there because there are metal panels that open up during the summer that go right outside, so there were three walls that were cool and one that was warm. I was still all sweaty when I got done, but at least I was sweaty after 6 miles, instead of half a mile like I would have been on the treadmill!

And my legs didn't hurt much. I stopped halfway through and stretched out my right hams, then those felt good. And my left knee hurt for about a mile, and then loosened back up. Even though I ran 44 times around a circle, it felt much nicer than running out on snow and concrete! It's a good trade-off.

Then my roomie and I split a large pizza when I got back... so now I'm full and my legs are all, "we ran 6 miles! don't use us!" and stuff. Now I must study for finals and be awesome like that.

1 comment: