Monday, June 14, 2010

Half-marathon selections!

So I have found three half-marathons that I am considering.

1. Quad Cities. I have run this before, and it's a nice course. I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel because my grandparents live in the area. It's only $40 to register, which is really good, and I love the post-race refreshments (pizza, hot dogs... :D). The only downside is that I would only have 16 weeks to train, whereas I would have 20 or 21 weeks with the two races below.

2. Des Moines. It's in-state, and I've never done a half-marathon in Iowa before. I could stay at my friend's dorm at Drake (I assume) the night before, so again, free lodging. My dad did the full marathon a couple years ago and said it was pretty nice. And it is in October, which gives me 4 more weeks of training than Quad Cities would, but it costs $15 more.

3. On the Road for Education (Mason City). My dad is running this full marathon, so I could tag along with him and run the half. My only concern is that it would be really small. I sort of like medium-sized races best. I don't know how much it costs. But one huge perk is that it is the Sunday of my school's fall break, so I wouldn't have to worry about homework that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment